Can the District size a meter?

No, the District cannot determine the meter size for your secondary unit. You should consult with a professional engineer or architect to determine your water requirements. The District’s new service fees sheet lists common meter sizes with their typical flow range, and is a useful aid. The District will attempt to guide applicants if the requested meter appears too small or too large for the project. The smallest meter the District allows is the 5/8-inch meter, which can flow approximately 20 gallons per minute (gpm).

New Service Fees (PDF)

Show All Answers

1. What is the District’s policy relative to Accessory Dwelling Units?
2. Do I need a separate meter for my ADU?
3. What is the next step to provide water service to the ADU?
4. What is a walk-in service?
5. Can the District size a meter?
6. How long will it take for the design and installation of my walk-in service?
7. Can I change the location of my new service, and whom should I call?
8. Who should I call to find out the status of my project?
9. Once the design of my project is complete, whom should I contact for installation?
10. What do I need to do to get the water turned on once the facilities are installed?
11. When do I pay the District to design my new water service?
12. What are FRCs, and why do I need to pay them?
13. Do I receive a credit for an existing meter if I replace it with a larger meter?
14. What is a PRV and when does the District recommend their installation?
15. What is a RPBPD and when are they required?
16. Can I upgrade or downgrade my existing meter, and whom should I call?