The primary objectives of the Los Vaqueros Expansion Project Phase 2 are:
- Increase reliability of Delta water supplies for municipal, industrial and agricultural purposes.
- Increase water supply reliability for water providers within the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Enhance water supply reliability and operational flexibility for environmental; water management purposes including refuge water supplies within and south of the Delta.
- Increased water supply reliability ranging from 44,000 to 504,000 acre-feet per year in dry periods.
- Added emergency water supply storage for Bay Area agencies ranging from 80,000 to 120,000 acre-feet per year.
- Increased environmental water supply ranging from 50,000 to 790,000 acre-feet per year.
- Improved quality of water delivered to municipal and industrial water treatment facilities.