Can the District suggest a meter size or fire service size?

No, the District cannot determine the meter size or fire service size required for your project. You should consult with your professional engineer or architect to determine your water requirements. The District's New Service Fees sheet lists common meter sizes with their typical flow range, and is a useful aid. The District will attempt to guide applicants if the requested meter appears too small or too large for the project. The smallest meter the District allows is the 5/8-inch meter, which can flow approximately 20 gallons per minute (gpm).

New Service Fees (PDF)

Show All Answers

1. I'm not sure what I really need for my project; can I call the District and set up a meeting to discuss?
2. What do I need to provide the District to get water service?
3. What is the difference between a walk-in service, a service agreement, and a water main extension agreement?
4. Can the District suggest a meter size or fire service size?
5. Do I need a meter for each building?
6. How long will it take for the design and installation of my new WI, SA, or WME?
7. Can I change the location of my new service, and whom should I call?
8. Will the District contact me during the design of my SA of WME?
9. Who should I call to find out the status of my water service project (WI, SA or WHE)?
10. Once the design of my project is complete, whom should I contact for installation?
11. What do I need to do to get the water turned on once the facilities are installed?