Do I receive a credit for an existing meter if I replace it with a larger meter?

Yes, you will only pay the difference in FRC costs between the larger meter and the smaller meter. The credit received is based on the date of the last payment made (abandoned date) on the existing meter. You pay the difference between the current FRC and the FRC value in place at the time the meter was abandoned. You will also pay the difference in the meter costs. If there is an existing backflow prevention device, you will also need to pay for a larger replacement. There is no credit is given for upgrading backflow devices.

Show All Answers

1. What is the District’s policy relative to Accessory Dwelling Units?
2. Do I need a separate meter for my ADU?
3. What is the next step to provide water service to the ADU?
4. What is a walk-in service?
5. Can the District size a meter?
6. How long will it take for the design and installation of my walk-in service?
7. Can I change the location of my new service, and whom should I call?
8. Who should I call to find out the status of my project?
9. Once the design of my project is complete, whom should I contact for installation?
10. What do I need to do to get the water turned on once the facilities are installed?
11. When do I pay the District to design my new water service?
12. What are FRCs, and why do I need to pay them?
13. Do I receive a credit for an existing meter if I replace it with a larger meter?
14. What is a PRV and when does the District recommend their installation?
15. What is a RPBPD and when are they required?
16. Can I upgrade or downgrade my existing meter, and whom should I call?