Water Awareness Youth Art Contest
Thank you for your participation!
We sincerely appreciate the local youth artists who submitted their work and the community for voting to help us determine the artwork that will be featured in our 2021 wall calendar.
Contra Costa Water District accepted submissions through Sunday, May 31. Entries were then screened based on message, merit, creativity and originality. Finalist entries were available online for voting through Friday, June 26. The 12 winning entries will be announced in July.
Each winning entry receives a $50 gift card to an art supply store; your original artwork framed with a certificate of appreciation; and a printed calendar. Prizes will be awarded at a Board of Directors meeting in the fall, when calendars are printed.
The contest is open to children ages 8 to 18 years who reside in the Contra Costa Water District service area, which includes Antioch, Bay Point, Brentwood, Clayton, Clyde, Concord, Martinez, Oakley, Pacheco, Pittsburg, Pleasant Hill, Port Costa and Walnut Creek.
- Entries must include the child’s name, age, address, a parent or guardian’s name, email address, and a phone number.
- Entries must be drawn by children. Please, no help from parents, adults or older siblings.
- Entries must be drawn horizontally on a single 8.5-inch by 11-inch piece of paper.
- Entries must be hand drawn. Acceptable mediums include pen, pencil, crayon, chalk, charcoal, marker, paint, or watercolor.
- If your entry is selected as a winner, you grant Contra Costa Water District a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the artwork in its calendar and other print publications.
- Use the artwork in its internal and external communications, including, but not limited to, websites, advertising, presentations, and printed and digital materials.
- Use, in connection with the contest, the artist’s first name, city of residence and age. Winning artwork will be credited in the calendar with the artist’s first name and city.
- Retain a digital copy of the artwork.
- Entries must not include trademarked or copyrighted materials.
- Entries must not promote the use of bottled water.
- Entries will only be accepted between 8 a.m. March 16, 2020, and 5 p.m. May 31, 2020.
For more information about this contest, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for more engaging content and activities for students? Check out our new Water Education Program Resource Corner.