Pool Cover Rebate
PLEASE NOTE: All of our rebate programs are still available. However, rebate processing and any associated inspections will be delayed. We appreciate your cooperation, patience, and commitment to water efficiency. If you have questions, please call (925) 688-8320.
Did you know that a pool cover can save as much water as a similarly sized lawn uses in an entire year?
Pool Cover Benefits
- Installing a pool cover can save up to 8,000 gallons of water per year
- Reduce up to 95% of pool water loss caused by evaporation
- Reduce chemical use by up to 60%
Rebates are available for residential properties within the CCWD Retail and Wholesale Service Area.
Rebate amount is 100% of the cost of a qualifying pool cover up to a maximum of $50, not including sales tax, labor, or shipping. Limit one rebate per property for the life of the program.
Terms & Conditions
To receive a rebate, applicants must adhere to the Pool Cover Rebate Terms & Conditions.
Qualifying Pool Covers
Rebates are for newly purchased covers specifically designed for pools and intended to prevent evaporative water loss. The purchased pool cover must seal and enclose at least 75% of the pool's water surface to qualify for a rebate.
- Qualifying pool covers include: Solar covers, disk covers, and sealed covers impermeable to water.
- Non-qualifying pool covers include: Secondhand covers, unsealed mesh covers permeable to water, chemical/ liquid covers, winter pool covers and spa covers.
Where to Purchase
Pool covers can be purchased anywhere as long as they meet the program Terms and Conditions.
How to Apply?
- Read the Program Terms & Conditions.
- Purchase and install a qualifying Pool Cover per the Program Terms & Conditions. Your pool cover must be installed before you submit your application to CCWD.
- Take a picture of the installed pool cover.
- Fill out the Rebate Application (PDF) and mail or email it in along with the pool cover sales receipt and a picture of the installed pool cover. Keep a copy of the Application and your receipts for your records. Rebate check will be processed in 6-8 weeks.
Mail or email completed Application, a picture of the installed pool cover, and sales receipt to:
Contra Costa Water District
PO Box H2O
Concord CA, 94524
Questions? Call 925-688-8320 for more information