Laundry to Landscape Greywater Rebate
PLEASE NOTE: All of our rebate programs are still available. However, rebate processing and any associated inspections will be delayed. We appreciate your cooperation, patience, and commitment to water efficiency. If you have questions, please call (925) 688-8320.
Contra Costa Water District (CCWD) offers rebates of up to $50 as an incentive for customers to install a Laundry-to-Landscape Greywater System that uses discharge water from a single domestic clothes washer for landscape watering. Reusing water from a clothes washer to water your garden is a simple and easy way to “go grey.”
Rebates are available for residential properties within the CCWD Retail and Wholesale Service Area.
The rebate is 100%, up to $50 towards the material cost of:
- One (1) Brass 3-way diverter valve and
- One (1) air-vent/air admittance valve
Limit one rebate per property for the life of the program.
Terms & Conditions
- Laundry to Landscape Greywater System (greywater system) must be installed prior to submitting a rebate application
- Rebate application must be postmarked within 90 days of equipment purchase date
- Program is subject to available funds and CCWD reserves the right to alter the program at any time without notice
- Applicant will allow CCWD staff to inspect the laundry to landscape greywater system as a condition of receiving rebate
- Applicant certifies that necessary permissions have been obtained from the property owner, if applicant is not the owner
- Applicant is responsible for complying with all applicable codes, regulations and permit requirements
- Generally, a laundry to landscape greywater system will not require a permit. However, it must be installed following California Plumbing Code. Check with your local building or permitting department for additional rules to consider when planning your project.
Steps to Apply
- Review the Greywater System Installation Resources, especially Greywater Action.
- Purchase the qualified equipment and install the Laundry-to-Landscape Greywater System.
- Complete and mail in the Greywater Rebate Application (PDF) with your original receipts for the qualifying equipment.
- Keep a copy of the application and your receipts for your records.
- Application must be postmarked within 90 days of equipment purchase date
- Rebate check will be processed in 6-8 weeks.
Greywater System Installation Resources
- CCWD recommends applicants hire an experienced contractor to install the greywater system. However, if the homeowner is installing the system, it is recommended that they consult with an experienced contractor.
- Greywater Action - Learn about installing a laundry to landscape greywater system. Find information about:
- System examples
- Codes and policy
- Help with hiring a contractor
- General FAQs
- VIDEO: How to Install a Graywater Irrigation System - Presented by This Old House
- Grey Water Central - Resources from Oasis Design on all aspects of grey water systems