Laundry to Landscape Greywater Rebate
Contra Costa Water District (CCWD) offers rebates of up to $50 as an incentive for customers to install a Laundry-to-Landscape Greywater System that uses discharge water from a single domestic clothes washer for landscape watering. Reusing water from a clothes washer to water your garden is a simple and easy way to “go grey.”
Rebates are available for residential properties within the CCWD Retail and Wholesale Service Area.
The rebate is 100%, up to $50 towards the material cost of:
- One (1) Brass 3-way diverter valve and
- One (1) air-vent/air admittance valve
Limit one rebate per property for the life of the program.
Terms & Conditions
- Laundry to Landscape Greywater System (greywater system) must be installed prior to submitting a rebate application
- Rebate application must be postmarked within 90 days of equipment purchase date
- Program is subject to available funds and CCWD reserves the right to alter the program at any time without notice
- Applicant will allow CCWD staff to inspect the laundry to landscape greywater system as a condition of receiving rebate
- Applicant certifies that necessary permissions have been obtained from the property owner, if applicant is not the owner
- Applicant is responsible for complying with all applicable codes, regulations and permit requirements
- Generally, a laundry to landscape greywater system will not require a permit. However, it must be installed following California Plumbing Code. Check with your local building or permitting department for additional rules to consider when planning your project.
Steps to Apply
- Review the Greywater System Installation Resources, especially Greywater Action.
- Purchase the qualified equipment and install the Laundry-to-Landscape Greywater System.
- Please mail or email a completed Greywater Rebate Application (PDF), your original sales receipts for the qualifying equipment, and pictures of your completed installation including the 3-way valve, air relief valve, and mulch basins.
- Keep a copy of the application and your receipts for your records.
- Application must be postmarked within 90 days of equipment purchase date
- Rebate check will be processed in 6-8 weeks.
Greywater System Installation Resources
- CCWD recommends applicants hire an experienced contractor to install the greywater system. However, if the homeowner is installing the system, it is recommended that they consult with an experienced contractor.
- Greywater Action - Learn about installing a laundry to landscape greywater system. Find information about:
- System examples
- Codes and policy
- Help with hiring a contractor
- General FAQs
- VIDEO: How to Install a Graywater Irrigation System - Presented by This Old House
- Grey Water Central - Resources from Oasis Design on all aspects of grey water systems