Water Rate Adjustment for 2020
We perform an annual review of water rates and charges. Water rates pay for the transport and delivery of safe, high-quality, and reliable water to your home or business, and for the employees needed to run a complex water system. Annual rate reviews set revenues to offset costs, after accounting for non-rate revenues and cost reductions.
CCWD’s Board of Directors adopted the proposed 2020 rate adjustments after a public hearing at the Board Meeting on Wednesday, January 8, 2020. Changes to rates and charges went into effect on February 1, 2020. The adopted rate adjustments will generate a 6% revenue increase and supports the following priorities to ensure your water system remains sound:
- Replacing aging water infrastructure: Reliable water service requires increasing investment in the maintenance and replacement of aging canals, pipes, and other critical facilities. We don’t want your public water system to suffer from deferral of this critical work.
- Technology improvements: We are modernizing our processes and systems to gain efficiencies. These improvements will enhance our operations with an end result of even better service for you.
- Continued cost management: Most of the cost to run your water system is independent of how much water you use. Rate revenues help pay these costs. About half of this revenue increase is due to inflation on these costs.
- Responsible financial planning: During the most recent drought, CCWD used financial reserves to fill in gaps from reduced water sales. Part of the revenue increase will assist in rebuilding these safety nets for future droughts.
- Current Rates
- Code of Regulations Title 5 Water Supply and Rates (PDF)
- 2019 Water Rate Study (PDF)
- FY 2019-2020 Budget (PDF)
- FY 2020-2029 Capital Improvement Program (PDF)
Here to Help
If you have questions, we encourage you to contact our customer service staff at 925-688-8044 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.