Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Commitment
One of CCWD's eight operational goals is to pursue organizational excellence through diversity, equity, inclusivity, leadership, and professionalism. Optimal service to our customers and the accomplishment of the CCWD mission depends on the achievement of this goal. We are committed to strengthening our organization by investing into our greatest asset, our people, through an intentional organizational-wide diversity and inclusive business strategy. Learn about CCWD's DEI history.
Strategic Master Plan
This five-year strategic master plan was developed following a year-long collaborative process with robust employee contributions. The plan details short- and long-term improvements to our organizational culture whereby prospective employees, current employees, suppliers of professional goods and services, water customers, education partners, and additional community stakeholders are assured of:
- CCWD’s commitment to the values of DEI in all aspects of how work is performed; and
- CCWD’s accountability to the related action steps identified in the plan to advance the organization in the daily pursuit of the CCWD mission.
Six focus areas were identified and 26 goals were created for achievement by June 30, 2026.
- View the Diversity & Inclusion FY22-FY26 Master Plan (PDF)
Please note: The Diversity & Inclusion Master Plan was developed when the DEI initiative was called D&I and has now been expanded to include equity.
DEI Commitment Statements
- Board of Directors Commitment Statement (PDF)
- Steve Welch, General Manager Commitment Statement (PDF)
- Sonja Stanchina, Director of DEI Commitment Statement (PDF)
- DEI Advisory Council Commitment Statement (PDF)
- AP XII-5 Diversity & Inclusion Employee Advisory Groups (PDF)
Please note: The Diversity & Inclusion Administrative Procedure was developed when the DEI initiative was called D&I and has now been expanded to include equity.
Director of DEI