CCWD COVID-19 Response
CCWD drinking water is safe from coronavirus (COVID-19) and available 24/7
We have dedicated employees working 24/7 to deliver safe and reliable water to the families and businesses that we serve.
Your tap water remains safe and unaffected during this outbreak. As the water providers to more than 500,000 people, we take great effort and great pride in delivering a product that exceeds all drinking water standards set by the state and federal governments. For information about water quality, see our Annual Water Quality Report (PDF).
Our crews and contractors remain in the field to maintain essential infrastructure and are committed to keeping a reliable supply of high-quality water flowing to our customers. Not sure it’s a CCWD employee? Learn how to identify our employees.
Idle Business Safe Return to Water Service
As businesses reopen, there are actions property managers and business owners need to take when water has been off for an extended period of time. Please reference the following guidance when reopening your business.
Additional Safety Measures
During this time, we are taking additional actions to ensure delivery of safe drinking water to your home or business, and to protect our employees.
- Our main office at 1331 Concord Avenue is currently open for in-person visits, including bill payment. At this time, face coverings are strongly recommended for all visitors and employees inside our buildings, but not required.
- For alternatives to in-person payment, go to Bill Payment Options.
Water Education Program
- We have modified our Water Education Programs to accommodate virtual learning.
- We created a new Water Education Program Resource Corner with engaging, free content to supplement at-home learning and provide fun weekend activities.
Conservation and Water Efficiency
- Our in-person Water Wise House Calls are available as well as Water Wise Phone Consultations as an alternative to in-person visits.
Last Updated: 4/21/2022