Generally, a laundry to landscape greywater system will not require a permit. However, it must be installed following the California Plumbing Code: Chapters 16 and 16A describe graywater requirements. Check with your local building or permitting department for additional rules to consider when planning your project.
- Step by Step Laundry to Landscape
- How to Install a Laundry-To-Landscape System (This Old House)
- Greywater for Residential Use (City of Tucson)
- Greywater Webinars (Graywater Action)
- Design and Install Advice (Oasis Design)
Assistance Finding Installers, Equipment, and Additional Information:
- Greywater Action This organization has an extensive amount of information on greywater including many resourced for designing a system, purchasing equipment and installation assistance.
- Central Coast Greywater Alliance This organization also has an extensive amount of information
- Greywater and Rainwater Informational Handout [PDF], Laundry to Landscape Information Sheet [PDF], and General Resources (City of Santa Cruz)
- Greywater Design Manual [PDF] and General Resources (San Francisco Public Utilities Commission)
- Greywater Guide: Using Greywater in Your Home Landscape [PDF] (California Department of Water Resources)
Questions or Broken Links? Call the Water Conservation Hotline at (925) 688-8320 or email us at email@example.com