Commercial Flushometer Toilet and Urinal Rebate Program
The Commercial Flushometer Toilet and Urinal Rebate Program (Rebate Program) provides a financial incentive to Contra Costa Water District (CCWD) service area customers to help replace their older inefficient flushometer toilets and urinals with WaterSense labeled high-efficiency models. The Rebate Program provides up to $400 per commercial WaterSense labeled flushometer-valve toilet (WaterSense Flushometer Toilet) and up to $350 per WaterSense labeled one-pint flush urinal (WaterSense Urinal).
It Just Makes Dollars and Sense!
Compared to an older inefficient flushometer toilet, a single WaterSense Flushometer Toilet saves almost 14,000 gallons per year and over $165 per year on water and wastewater charges. Over the lifetime of a WaterSense Flushometer Toilet, more than 280,000 gallons and $3,300 in water and wastewater charges can be saved. Similarly, replacing an inefficient urinal with a WaterSense Urinal will save over 220,000 gallons and $2,600 in water and wastewater charges over the fixture’s lifetime.
It is your time to make a difference and save money while doing it. There is no better time to upgrade than now! Act now while funding is still available.
- California Law SB407 requires all commercial real property built before 1994 to have 'compliant' water-conserving plumbing fixtures by January 2019. For a limited time, receive financial assistance to upgrade your toilets and urinals!
- Significantly reduce your operating and utility costs by reducing water and wastewater costs. Typical payback period is less than 2 years.
- Reduce maintenance costs and prevent unnecessary plumber callouts.
- Improve customer and tenant satisfaction by providing reliable, effective, efficient, and environmentally friendly toilets and urinals. Improve your bathrooms image.
- Demonstrate environmental stewardship to prospective customers and tenants.
S Payback Calculator: See CCWD’s Commercial Flushometer Toilet and Urinal Retrofit Payback Calculator to see your business’ potential savings!
Toilet Rebate: Pays up to $400 towards the purchase and installation of any WaterSense labeled commercial flushometer toilet.
Urinal Rebate: Pays up to $350 towards the purchase and installation of a WaterSense labeled urinal that is one-pint per flush (0.125 gallons per flush) or less.
S Toilet rebate covers costs for the toilet fixture, flushometer valve, other required hardware, and out-of-pocket billed labor expenses.
S Rebate does not include non-billable in-house labor, shipping, or taxes.
S Urinal rebate covers costs for the urinal fixture, flushometer valve, other required hardware, and out-of-pocket billed labor expenses.
S Rebate does not include non-billable in-house labor, shipping, or taxes.
S Only Commercial, Institutional, and Industrial customers with active water accounts are eligible to apply.
S Property where toilets and/or urinals are to be replaced, must reside in CCWD’s retail or wholesale service area which includes: Clayton, Clyde, Concord, Pacheco, Port Costa, Antioch, Oakley, Pittsburg, Bay Point, Martinez and parts of Brentwood, Pleasant Hill and Walnut Creek. CCWD’s service territory map can be found here.
S Existing Toilets: Participant must be replacing an existing inefficient flushometer-valve toilet of 3.5 gallons per flush or greater. Typically, these were installed prior to 1997. Tank-style toilets do not qualify for the rebate.
S Existing Urinals: Participant must be replacing an existing inefficient urinal of 1.5 gallons per flush or greater. Typically, these were installed prior to 1994.
S Participant must pass a pre-installation inspection conducted by CCWD staff who will verify eligibility and the quantity of eligible toilets and or urinals.
Program and Product Qualifications:
Toilets must be 1.28 gallons per flush (gpf) or less and listed on the WaterSense “Flushometer-Valve Toilets” Product List to qualify. Both the valve and bowl fixture must be listed to qualify.
Urinals must be listed on the WaterSense “Flushing Urinals” Product List AND must use 0.125 gallons per flush (one-pint) or less to qualify. Both the valve and urinal fixture must be listed to qualify.
- The WaterSense searchable Product Lists can be found here: https://www3.epa.gov/watersense/product_search.html .
- CCWD recommends the use of manual flushometer valves and cautions the purchase and use of sensor flushometer valves due to their potential to increase water use and cause ongoing maintenance issues.
S Toilets and urinals must be purchased new and properly installed. Both the valve assembly and toilet bowl or urinal fixture must be replaced to qualify and to ensure proper flushing performance.
S Itemized sales receipts/invoices must be submitted to CCWD within 90 days of the purchase date and must show quantity purchased, model & make information, price paid, and purchase date.
S New toilets and urinals must be purchased, installed, and inspected by CCWD by the expiration date indicated in the 'Approval to Proceed' letter or email. Extensions may be granted on a case by case basis.
S A pre-installation inspection by CCWD is required to verify Program Eligibility.
S A post-installation inspection by CCWD is required to verify qualifying fixtures have been installed and Program & Product Qualifications and Terms and Conditions have been met.
S Rebated toilets and/or urinals must be maintained and operated for a minimum of 10 years to guarantee CCWD receives sustained long-term water savings. Remember to use correct and compatible replacement flushometer diaphragms.
S Applicant must abide by the How to Apply section below. For questions, contact CCWD’s Conservation Department at 925-688-8234 or email email@example.com.
Follow These Steps to Receive a Rebate:
1. Review and understand the Program Terms & Conditions before applying.
2. Complete the quick and easy Toilet and Urinal Online Application or request a hard copy mail-in application by calling 925-688-8234.
Note: Rebate check will be made payable only to the Water Account Holder or Property Owner unless otherwise designated on the official 'Release of Payment Authorization' form. Rebates totaling $600 or more in a tax year require the submission of a W-9 Tax Form. The name on the rebate check must match the name on the required W-9 Tax Form. More information and FAQs can be found at ccwater.com/743.
3. CCWD will call you to schedule and conduct a pre-installation inspection to verify eligibility. After the pre-inspection, CCWD will send you an 'Approval to Proceed' email indicating the number of toilets and/or urinals eligible for replacement. Once you have received your 'Approval to Proceed' email, you may purchase and install your new WaterSense Flushometer Toilets and/or WaterSense pint-flush urinals.
4.Once you have installed your toilets and/or urinals, submit the following via CCWD's Toilet & Urinal Receipt/Invoice Online Submission webpage or by mail:
S An itemized receipt/invoice that shows the newly installed toilet/urinal quantity, make & model information, price, and purchase date.
S A completed IRS W-9 tax form.
S A completed ‘Release of Payment Authorization’ form if check is to be issued to someone other than the Property Owner or Water Account Holder.
If mailing is preferred, please address envelope to: Contra Costa Water District, Water Conservation, PO Box H2O, Concord, CA 94524
6. CCWD will contact you to schedule a post-installation inspection to verify that qualifying toilets and/or urinals were installed. Once the post-installation inspection is complete and Terms & Conditions have been met, CCWD will process and issue a rebate check. Please allow 6-8 weeks for rebate processing.
Questions? Contact CCWD’s Conservation Department at 925-688-8234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.