Smart Irrigation Timer Rebate
We offer rebates as an incentive for customers to purchase and install Smart Irrigation Controllers. It is estimated that up to 50% of the water applied to landscapes is wasted due to incorrect controller settings and infrequent adjusting of those settings. Smart Irrigation Controllers adjust the watering schedule automatically as the weather changes.
Rebates are available for single family residential properties within the CCWD Retail and Wholesale Service Area.
The rebate is $12 per active (used) irrigation station (zone) up to 50% of the list cost of the controller(s). Limit one rebate per customer per address. So for example if you purchase a smart controller and you have seven (7) irrigation stations (zone), the rebate would be $84 – (12 x 7) or 50% of the list price, whichever is less.
Terms & Conditions
To receive a rebate, applicants must adhere to the Single Family Smart Irrigation Controller Rebate Program Terms & Conditions. Please read these before applying.
Qualifying Smart Controllers
Qualified Smart Irrigation Controllers must be EPA WaterSense labeled. Look for the EPA WaterSense label on the box or cover of the Smart Controller(s) you purchase. The has a product search feature that allows you to view all labeled controllers by selecting irrigation controllers in the product category dropdown menu.
See the table below for a list of Smart Irrigation controllers we've provided rebates for in the past two years.
|Manufacturer Name||Controller Name(s)||Uses Smart Phone for Programing and Remote Control||Onsite Weather Monitor Needed|
|Rain Bird||ST8I-WiFi, ESP-SMTe*||Yes (ST8I-WiFi)||Yes (ESP-SMTe)|
|Rain Machine||Mini, Touch HD||Yes||No|
*Controller needs weather monitor to be WaterSense labeled.
Where to Purchase
Smart Irrigation Controllers can be purchased wherever irrigation controllers are sold. Remember to look for the WaterSense Label before you purchase to confirm the controller qualifies for the rebate.
How to Apply
- Read the Program Smart Irrigation Controller Terms & Conditions.
- Purchase, install and program the Smart Irrigation Controller(s).
- Complete and mail in the Rebate Application along with a copy of the receipt for the Smart Controller(s). Please make sure to have your Smart Controller(s) installed and programmed before submitting your application to us. Keep a copy of the Application and your receipt for your records.
- We will contact you to schedule an inspection. Once the inspection is completed, we will process the rebate check.
- Rebate checks usually processed and mailed in 4-6 weeks.